Browse Day: October 12, 2017

Oppo F5 with bezel-less display may come to India on October 26: Report

Oppo will launch a smartphone without bevel on October 26 called Oppo F5, will reveal reports. Before the official launch, the smartphone has already been the subject of several leaks and rumors. Images of the upcoming Oppo F5 were also revealed online a few days ago. In the meantime, it should be noted that Oppo has not officially confirmed the launch date of the F5, but the company should do so very soon.

Last week, Oppo announced the launch of the F5 on October 26. The smartphone, according to the rumor, will have no frame. Oppo has apparently confirmed the launch of the Oppo F5 in India and Southeast Asia, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand.

According to rumors, it is assumed that Oppo F5 resembles the Galaxy S8 and will have some glasses. It looks like your smartphone will come with rounded corners, and the power key or lock key will sit on the right side of the device. While to the left will be the volume buttons. In the camera department, the smart phone must be equipped with a single camera on the back and front.

It is also said that the next Oppo F5 will come with AI beauty recognition technology. With this integrated technology, the Oppo F5 will use the AI ​​to recognize the complexion and type, age and sex. The same functionality is already visible on several newly launched phones. Rumors say that Oppo F5 will be able to scan more than 200 facial recognition points. The AI ​​technology will also allow users to self-learn and improve every shot or selfish.

According to specifications, the Oppo F5 will be equipped with a FullHD screen of 6 inches with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The smartphone should be launched in two variants. One with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, while the second variant will ship with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage memory. Rumors suggest that the phone will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 630 or 660, and should be backed by a 4000 mAh battery.

Android 8 Oreo arrives but not for your phone and probably never will

On Tuesday, Google unveiled the definitive name of Android 8, also known as Android O. This is oats. O Octopus, something Google has cleverly hidden in the beta version of Android O. The new version of Android is called Oreo and, according to Google, is the sweetest version of its mobile operating system so far, today

Well, that sounds delicious. Android Oreo offers a number of unique features for the Android phone. Enhance the phone’s multitasking by activating the picture-in-picture mode for many applications. It also comes with a new notification system for lock screen, performance enhancements, a more aggressive drowsiness feature for better battery life and richer emojis. In other words, even though Oreo is not a substantial update of Google Android, it has enough new features to be very useful, that is, if your phone receives it.

Like I said, it’s tasty. Like the previous Turron or the Marshmallow 2015. Like previous versions of Android, Android Oreo will also reach existing smartphones at a quiet pace. But even then, it will only reach a handful of devices. On Tuesday, it began to give users of Google Pixel and Pixel XL the taste of Android Oreo.

Users who signed up for the Android beta program and were already running the fourth beta of Android O had it in the morning in India a few hours after Google revealed the name of Oreo. It was an update of 40 MB, only bug fixes and everything, since these people were already running Oreo and, once downloaded, installed in a jiffy.

Users of Pixel and Pixel XL, still in Turrón, will receive the Oreo in the coming days through the OTA (Over the Air) update. Ideally, the phone itself will tell you that an update is available. But if you want to manually check the OTA, you can do so by accessing the configuration application and checking for software update. This update has already begun to reach the phones, although not all users get it at the same time. But it is a safe bet that in about a week, all users of Pixel and Pixel XL will be offered the update of Oreo.

The Oreo update will also come directly from Google phones like the Nexus 6P, the Nexus 5X and some other Nexus devices. So far so good. But as soon as it is added to the mixers of other manufacturers, the image is complicated. For people who do not use a recent Nexus phone or a Pixel phone, the Oreo update is not so sweet. There are many more phones, for example, Nokia 6 and Galaxy S8, which will get the Oreo update, but when the phone manufacturers ask a question. However, only to demystify for you. If your phone has not updated Oreo yet, here are the reasons

Your phone is not manufactured by Google: this is the case for most people. The Google, Pixel and Nexus phones are the first to get the update for the Android version. Pixel already understood. Nexus phones (read Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P) will get it in the coming weeks and definitely within a month. Your phone does not work on Android. We’ve seen this over and over again that phones running Android usually get the upgrade version. For example, in the case of Oreo will get all recent phones that have been launched with Android. This means that Nokia 5, Nokia 6 and Nokia 3 will get Android Oreo in the coming days.

Then, I think, the latest motorcycle phones like the Moto Z2 Play. Similarly, OnePlus phones – OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 5 – will get the Oreo because they run a heavily modified version of Android, much like Android. But if your phone does not work on Android, there are many chances that you will not get the Oreo update. And even if it is because it is a high-end phone like LG G6, Galaxy S8 or HTC U11, the update will be late because the companies will change Oreo before deploying it for their phones.

Your phone is manufactured by an Indian brand: Well, Indian phone manufacturers are notoriously bad when upgrading their phones to a new version of Android. If you are using an Indian branded handset, it is best not to expect the Android Oreo update.

Mi Mix 2 is proof that Xiaomi isn’t just about the Redmi

Xiaomi was somewhat reluctant to bring his real flagship phones (and other key devices) to India, and the company was more than vocal about the motive. Some of these phones (and devices) would be very expensive to sell here. Add to that the Xiaomi star strategy for year here, and suddenly you have to make many difficult decisions. Last year, the Mi 5 made the cut. This year, Mi 6 no. Rather, Xiaomi chose the Mi Mix 2 unmixed as its flagship product of 2017, and the rest as they tell the story.

You can call it a crazy decision, but, for Xiaomi, there is a definite method for its madness for what it seems. “The main reason why we do the Mi Mix 2 in India is because we want more people to know about Xiaomi, we want people to know that Xiaomi is not just about the Redmi rank in India, know us (and identify us) our Redmi range, “said Jai Mani, product manager, Xiaomi India, exclusively to India Today Tech.

There is no doubt that Xiaomi hit the target with his Redmi lineup, but clearly, this is not all that Chinese society is about. The company manufactures everything in the sun, from phones, laptops, food banks, to crazy ecosystem products ranging from pens to suitcases. “There are different levels of knowledge in India, there are people who know us for our Redmis and there are also people who know our ecosystem products as our umbrella.”

But while last year was to keep prices low, Xiaomi launched the Mi 5 in India in early April 2016. Many were not impressed by the fact that it only released the 32-gigabyte model here, and this also to a price of R 24.999 – 2017, is to show what Xiaomi is capable of: making revolutionary devices at affordable prices. And the Mi Mix 2 is a classic example. Even in its seemingly high rank of 36,000 rupees. “As soon as you exceed 20,000 rupees, you have eliminated a large majority of the market, but you also have to understand that phones are never expensive and that it is the best phone at that price.”

For Xiaomi, the Mi Mix 2 is your best bet for its price. The Mi Mix 2 is the most expensive Xiaomi phone in India to date. However, given what it brings to the table, you do not need any genius to ensure that the Mi Mix 2 is an expensive phone. In line with the high-end phones of the current generation like the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, the LG V30 and even soon Apple iPhone X. Last year, Mi Mix was literally a work of art. So much so that Xiaomi billed it as a phone concept. “We call it a phone concept because we thought it was some kind of user experience. The fabrication and the heap of technologies we used were not really used at the time,” Jai explained.

“The goal with the Mi Mix 2 was to bring this concept to the market: take it to the usual The term concept comes from cars, and you know how the concept cars really do not reach the market do what you are supposed to see and say “Hey, that’s great.” You can hardly buy them and even if you can, it’s like five years later The Mi Mix, which was our concept phone, – it really had this effect, “hey that’s great” and with it My Mix 2, hits the market less than a year later. ”

Not to mention that it was the Mi Mix of Xiaomi, which began the trend of full screen and smartphone without bevel. “Not only do we introduce it to the market, all the other big players are doing it now, all other phones in the industry are turning to it,” adds the spokesman, proud of Xiaomi, LG and even Apple are straightening and notice.

Nokia 9 Renders Surface on the Internet, Tipped to Ditch 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Nokia 9, HMD Global’s highly anticipated smartphone, was reported more. This time, the device press, based on leaks and rumors, appeared on the Internet and gives a good idea of ​​the design of the phone. The new representations corroborate the previous leaks, which shows that the Nokia 9 can feature a curved sports screen and a dual camera rear configuration.

The mockips of Nokia 9 also suggest that the phone may have a glass finish on the back just like the new iPhone 8 series. The new representations also indicate that the Nokia 9 may be the next high-end smartphone to release the 3.5mm audio connector. We have already seen the last Google Pixel phones that lacked this feature. There is a fingerprint scanner on the back panel, based on new representations.

The displays also show the antenna strips on the side panels instead of the back of the device. You see the right panel containing the power and volume controls of the Nokia 9. The new versions were posted by OnLeaks, which has a decent record on smartphone leaks before the actual launch, and Compareraja. Since the new representations are based on leaks, we can expect to see changes in the product when it launches.

Earlier leaks have suggested that the Nokia 9 can come in options of 6 GB and 8 GB of RAM. Other generalized specifications include IP68 certification and 128GB integrated storage. Leaks also hinted that the Nokia 9 could be the first to use an iris scanner.

Not long ago, Nokia 9 would have been detected on the company’s website and apparently showed the phone in the promotional image. Nokia 9 should be sold from 750 euros (around 55 100 rupees), a price that will allow you to compete with the emblematic products of other companies like Samsung and Apple. Other generalized specifications include a rear-facing dual camera configuration with two 13-megapixel Zeiss sensors with dual LED flash bracket. It is said to have a QHD screen 5.5 inches (1440×2560 pixels) and that works with Snapdragon 835 SoC.

Trump Threatens NBC License, Blasts ‘Disgusting’ Free Press

President Donald Trump denied claiming a larger US nuclear arsenal and asked whether FCC licenses should be taken from NBC television stations after the network posted an article Wednesday saying it had done so in a “one meeting with military and security officials.

“It’s frankly disgusting how the press can write what they want to write and people should think about it,” Trump told the White House press with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Trump’s denial was backed by a statement by Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis. “Recent reports that the president called for an increase in the United States nuclear arsenal are absolutely false,” Mattis said. “This kind of misrepresentation is irresponsible.”

NBC said Trump made comments about the arsenal at a meeting with his national security advisers on July 20 and that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called him a “moron” after leaving the session.

Trump first pitched a refusal on Twitter early Wednesday, then raised the possibility of challenging FCC licenses. NBCUniversal, the network’s parent company, is owned by Comcast Corp. “With all the bogus news coming out of NBC and networks, when is it appropriate to challenge your license? Bad for the country!” He wrote in a tweet.

The president called the threat Wednesday night and said on Twitter that “the news on the network has become so partisan, distorted and false that licenses need to be challenged and, if necessary, overturned.” Not just the public!

Shares of Comcast fell slightly after Trump’s tweet, 0.7 percent, to $ 37.41 at 10:28 a.m. In New York. Can Trump really stop NBC? Experts weigh the threat that Trump has sometimes threatened to use the powers of his office against the news agencies that go through it. During his campaign, and again in March, he considered relaxing the defamation law to facilitate prosecution for inaccurate stories.

In a October 5 tweet, he urged the Senate Intelligence Committee to investigate media coverage of the media as part of its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 elections.

In 1972, President Richard Nixon urged his lieutenants to interfere with the renewal of Washington Post licenses for television stations in Florida. The company’s stock price has fallen and licensing has cost more than a million dollars in legal fees to the company for more than two-and-a-half years, publisher Katharine Graham wrote in 1997.

“Of all the threats faced by the company during Watergate, attempts to undermine our credibility, difficulties, and competition, the most effective were the licensing challenges of our two television stations in Florida.”

Trump’s tweet recalled the episode.

“Is Mr. Nixon speaking? This is the last time we had this,” said Peter Tannenwald, a communications lawyer.

Tannenwald, who has practiced law for 50 years, did not recall having revoked a television license because of the station’s programming.

Democrat Critic

Democrats have criticized the president’s action as a clear attempt to intimidate journalists.

Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts urged the Federal Communications Commission in a letter “to withstand all of President Trump’s urgent requests to harm the media and violate the First Amendment.

“@POTUS is still openly suggesting an abuse of power,” Senator Tom Udall, a New Mexico Democrat, said in a tweet.

Jessica Rosenworcel, a Democratic member of the FCC, simply tweeted, “It’s not how it works.”

It was not just the Democrats who denounced Trump’s threat.

Senator Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican and frequent critic of the president, asked if Trump retracted his oath of office

“Mr. President: The words spoken by the President of the United States are important,” Sasse said in a statement. “Are you reversing the January 20th oath to preserve, protect and defend the First Amendment?”

FCC Republican President Ajit Pai, who was chosen by Trump, did not respond to requests by email and phone to make a comment.

The National Association of Broadcasters stated that Trump’s threat to use the regulatory authority against the television channel violates the protection of press freedom under the Constitution.